»

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Taking

On November 13, 2004 I wrote this in my book journal:

I'm writing today to try to start to catch up. I've read 4 books since my last entry. With a baby, it's hard to find time to dedicate to writing in this journal. She is sleeping now but I don't know how long that will last. We'll see how far I get. On August 26, 2004 I finished "The Taking" by Dean Koontz. I've read others of his books and this book is not a very good reflection of his other work. Maybe it's because it is the first book after I read after "The DaVinci Code" which is the best book ever, but I didn't like "The Taking" very much. It was an end of the world story about aliens who took over the world, fed off our planed for a while then left. It reminds me of "The Stand" how only certain people survived and were then responsible for starting the world over again.

There was one couple, I can't remember their names who's job was to find all the children and get them to a safe place. The book is mostly about their journey and all the demons and aliens they encounter. They survive in the end and meet up with others who had the same task of finding children. Not a very good book. I would definitely recommend other Dean Koontz books over this one.

0 comments: