»

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mercy

On June 5, 2004 I wrote this in my book journal:

Today I finished "Mercy" by Julie Garwood. She's a romance writer, which I'm not a big fan of whom I got sucked into while substitute teaching a few years ago. When all the kids were in detention, I picked up a book in the teachers desk called "For the Roses." And that was that. Needless to say, I stole the book. It was good and when I saw this book at the book fair I picked it up for a couple of bucks. What a bargain!

Mercy was about a doctor "Doctor Mike" who does emergency surgery on this guy Theo. When Theo sees Michelle, he falls in love with her and follows her to her home town. There is a club called the Sowing Club who has murdered Michelle's aunt. The aunt knew her husband, who is part of the club was into something bad and before she died, she sent Michelle copies of the club's transaction records. The club is trying to get these papers from Michelle and will stop at nothing.

The majority of the book is about Theo and Michelle dodging bullets and trying to solve the murder all while they are falling in love. It all works in the end. Theo and Michelle end up together. The murder gets solved and the members of the Sowing Clug all get killed in a big shootout at the hospital. Pretty much your basic cheezy romance novel. It was very entertaining though and very captivating.

With everything goigng on in my life, I need boods that are very easy to read and I can pick them up in 10 minute increments and not be lost. In this way "Mercy" served its purpose. It was kind of confusing tough. There were a lot of characters and it was at times difficult to figure out who was who. Other than that, it was good. I'm sure I'll read more of her books.

0 comments: