»

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Divinci Code

On July 14, 2004 I wrote this in my book journal:

On 7/6/04 I finished reading "The Divinci Code" by Dan Brown. This book may be the best book I have ever read. It was a wonderful story with interesting characters and an incredible plot. The book claims that all the rituals, secret societies, etc. are all true. The story, is of course fictional, but if the latter is correct then I don't know how this book even got published. It really attacked Catholocism and even Christianity at its core. This book claims that Jesus Christ was a mortal, not some super-human-god like creature.

It also claims that the Hold Grail is actually the deceased body of Mary Magdelene. The story was about a cryptogropher and symbologist who were left a "treasure map" to the hold grail. Their quest for it was trailed by scholars and officers. This is a book that will make you question your faith. I am not a very religious person but I would am anxious to see what a devout Catholic has to say about some of the claims the author makes against the church.

I have a very dear friend Cheryl who read this book the same time I did and she is extremely religious. She has many other things going on in her life b ut it seems that the words of this book have rocked her boat a little. She doesn't like to talk about it though. I am curious as to whether DiVinci's work depicts Mary magdelene at the last supper. I'm sure all the claims in this book are one of many theories, just like the Bible or any religion for that matter. They did find the Holy Grail at the end but we never get to find out for sure what exactly it is.

0 comments: